The Metropoulos DVL-1 amplifier is the culmination of more than a decade of friendship between William DuVall of Alice In Chains and George Metropoulos. The mission was simple: Build the ultimate Plexi-style 100-watt amplifier with maximum flexibility and functionality and zero compromise in components, signal purity, and tone. Of course, this is much easier said than done. But William and George both feel that they not only accomplished the mission, they've exceeded it.
Production of these new amps begins June 1st. Orders will start shipping late in the month.
- Two separate channels, with independent gain and master volumes
- Channel A offers '65 mode and '66 mode
- Channel B offers '68 mode and MOD mode
- All modes are accessible via the footswitch
- BOOST is a separate function, which can be applied to any mode. Think of it as a high voltage, clean boost in front of the amp. Just built in and with it's own dedicated volume level control
- Foot-switchable Mid Boost, separate from the BOOST circuit and applies to all modes
- Variac mode simulates using a variac to operate a plexi at 90V AC.
- Switchable for 50 or 100 watts output
- Output: 100 watts RMS, 150 watts peak
- Weight: 44 lbs / 20 kg
- Dimensions: 29" x 10.75" x 8.25" (736mm x 275mm x 205mm) (feet not included, add 1.25" to height)
- AC operation: 100, 120, 230, 240V AC 50HZ, 60HZ
- Controls: gain, treble, middle, bass, presence, master volume, boost gain, boost master
- Switches: power, standby, variac, modes ('65/'66, '68/MOD, MID BOOST)
- Outputs: speaker impedance, speaker jacks (2)
- Footswitch: 6 pin XLR, 5 buttons
- FX loop: send, return, level
- Output Level switch: 100W, 50W
- AC input: IEC
- Fuses: 4A MDL mains, 1A DL high voltage, 1A time delay gma internal